WORLD HOMEOPATHY AWARENESS WEEK (WHAW) 10TH-16TH APRIL 2013 HOMEOPATHY IN TRAUMA & DISASTERS
Examples for Homeopathic Remedies to use for
• Aconite is a well-established remedy for fear and fright. Especially when the fright has come on
Trauma & Disaster are:
suddenly, as in the case of being woken by a violent earthquake.
• Arsenicum album is used for fear and worry about loss of security on all levels - physical and
financial. It also helps to reduce the fear of being alone.
• Gelsemium can help those with ailments from hearing bad news. It may also help with post
traumatic conditions where the person feels dopey and may come down with a viral illness
following bad news or a shock.
• Opium can be useful for someone who has had such a fright that they become severely
disassociated. If you are suffering from this form of self-protection following a shock or trauma,
you may not be aware how 'out of it' you are. Sometimes you may be feeling dull or numb as if
drugged or sedated.
• Argentium nitricum is used for repeated catastrophic reoccurring thoughts of the fright or
trauma. For example, constantly anticipating after-shocks after the event of an earthquake. It is
also helpful for specific fears such as of building falling, planes crashing, etc.
• Arnica is the first remedy to consider for the general effects of an injury. It helps you to maintain
your strength, promotes healing and assists in overcoming shock. It is good for general bruising
and swelling as well as injury to the head and neck.
• Ignatia is very beneficial in the event of sudden loss or grief. You may be in a state of disbelieve.
There can be heavy and frequent sighing or sobbing. You can be highly emotional and
oversensitive or exactly the opposite in that she or he is silent with the desire to be alone.
• Stramonium is used if you have experienced and re-experienced fear and terror after a shock or
trauma. You may experience a range of feelings, such as hysteria with loud laughing to rage and
feelings of unreality.
• Phosphoric acid is for anyone who sinks into apathy and doesn't want to talk after hearing bad
news. In spite of the apathy, they are able to summon up enough energy to carry out physical
activities if they have to.
• Rescue Remedy is a Bach Flower Combination Remedy that can be used for anyone who is
anxious or frightened. This is a good way to administer the remedy to people suffering from shock
and ongoing fear/anxiety.